Business Information


Selling your business and closing down

Stopping self-employment, winding up or liquidating a limited company

Licences and licence applications

Applying for licences for events and businesses


Managing waste, health and safety, regulations

Patents, trade marks, copyright and designs

Includes registering, protecting and applying for designs and patents

Business premises and business rates

Includes leases, renting, planning permission, waste and appeals

Farming business

Health and safety, registering and licensing animals, compliance tools, rights and pay

Imports and exports

Includes moving goods in the EU and commodity codes

Business debt and bankruptcy

Includes bankruptcy, insolvency and recovering debt

Setting up

Includes self-employment and starting a business

Food, catering and retail

Labelling and handling food, transporting, food safety

Expenses and employee benefits

Includes company cars and paying tax on employee benefits

Maritime vessels and work at sea

Includes health and safety onboard, crew, registering vessels

Waste and environmental impact

Includes waste management plans, hazardous waste and preventing pollution

Sale of goods and services and data protection

Includes regulations for online retailers, offering credit and Trading Standards

Business tax

Includes Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and VAT

Running a limited company

Includes registering, setting up, company accounts and tax returns

Scientific research and development

Includes funding and support scheme guidance

Generating energy

Funding, regulations and guidance for energy providers and operators

Business finance and support

Finding finance, business support, writing a business plan